Expertise in Masonry Repair
Keep Your Building Protected & Beautiful
Masonry is a tried and true method of building that has lasted for generations. There are a couple of reasons for this with the primary being the amount of strength and durability masonry provides. In addition to its strength, masonry also has an unmistakable beauty. Materials generally used in masonry work are brick, marble, granite, travertine, limestone, and several others that each have their own specific appeal. Unfortunately, time makes fools of us all and eventually masonry work does need to be repaired. It’s for this reason that one Roberts-McNutt’s specialties is masonry repair. We can come in and restore any historic structural with our variety of masonry repair options. We can also apply this to any type of structure made of traditional masonry materials. Regardless of what type of repair your need for your Little Rock building, one of our masonry services can easily restore it.
Masonry Coating & Restoration Options:
- Tuckpointing: A term of contention is some parts of the US, tuckpointing is when two contrasting colors of mortar are used to create an artificial impression of very fine mortar joints. Some refer to repointing as tuckpointing, which is the process that repairs the external part of the mortar joints to prevent the infiltration of water and other types of moisture.
- Water Repellants: We have a variety of water repellants available that will keep moisture from infiltrating and breaking down your stone structure.
- Cleaning & Maintenance: General cleaning and maintenance are key to identifying when masonry repairs are need for your structure. Early detection can keep you from having to make extremely costly repairs.
- Block Replacement: Brick and CMU (Concrete Masonry Units) wear down over time and if this breakdown of material is not caught, then it will lead to moisture infiltration and air leakage. Fortunately, our highly trained experts can replace the brick or CMU’s of your structure to prevent moisture damage and energy loss.
- Terracotta Repair: Terracotta is a clay-based ceramic material commonly molded into a brick or block. This material is mostly seen on historic architecture and can be glazed or unglazed. Deterioration is a common problem with terracotta, just as it is with any other material. Repairing or replacing terracotta can entail several things and is best left to professionals such as the ones at Roberts-McNutt.
Masonry Restoration & Repair Professionals
The above options for masonry repair are just a few of our more popular services; we also specialize in cleaning existing masonry, restoring textured coatings, and mortar stripping and mask grouting. The amount of quality and expertise you receive from Roberts-McNutt is all but guaranteed. The masonry repair work we perform will ensure that your building continues to look great well into the future and is protected from the damaging effects of moisture. Learn more about our masonry repair services by contacting us and scheduling a free consultation today!